Monday, December 10, 2007

Mitake-san Trail run, got injured...

Recently trail run has become popular and there was over 900 entries to this race.

And this race in the last year was the first mountaineering race that I participated. I wanted to see the different "me" from that of last year.
As soon as the start I paced up,and kept high pace. Most of the first half is upslope, and then we dashed the latter downslope. To tell the truth, I had been getting much more confidence in downslope in comparison to last year. I paced up more and passed a few runners!!
In the steep downslope a root of a tree caught my foot, and fell down(just like "dive into the bottom world"). I was hit upper the right edge of pelvis. For a while I couldn't move from there,but shortly I could begin to walk and then jog slowly. Many runners passed me and saying " You fell down? Are you alright?" and I replied "I'm fine,thank you" but in my heart I shouted "never alright,couldn't regret more...butu-butu-butu-butu".I wonder whether I should continue the race or not, but there may be last 3km left so I kept running(jogging) and could reach the goal.

A tragedy came after that. My back pain got worse and worse. The pain was like that of burn or something like electric. Maybe the hematoma became bigger and the mass compressed the nerve. Finally, from the cable car station I couldn't walk any more(couldn't keep standing). The station staff carried me on his back and took me into my car. My wife drove the car and took me to my hospital. No fracture, and great hematoma on my right back. I was laughingstock in my hospital. I learned a new thing. A bruise can make a terrible pain derived from acute nerve compression and skin expansion.


great appreciation to my wife,my daughters,station staffs and hospital staffs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is the condition?
Take care yourself..

ER runner said...

Thanks you for your concern. I should act my age.