Sunday, October 21, 2007

Japan Moutaineering Race “Hasetune Cup”

I finished the race!!! And felt great satisfaction
The time: 10:14
Finished the race in 51st.(more than 2300 runners entried and 2003 runners started)


Here is my race report.

We could see the blue sky and feel comfortable if we don’t run! It was too fine and the temparture was 24℃. To meet the situation, I took 2.75L of drink and consequently my bag weighed 4.7kg.
The strategy of this time was that in the first half I drink enough and save my stamina and run faster after my bag gets lighter.
The cource condition was not so good because of the yesterday’s rain. It was muddy, foggy and easy to slip. (I slipped and fell more than five times.)
But actually my condition was very good and I realized it after I passed the first chek point(22.6km).
Soon after I passed the first check point, it was getting dark so I put my lamp on. Till the middle stage there were some runner in front and behind me, but between the last 30km, there were few runner around me and it was complete dark. While running, I could find the small light ahead and it came nearer and neaer and then I passed by him. After that the dark came again.
Although I lost the way once,I passed by many runner in the latter half and could finished with a smiling face.
Surely I will be back in the next year! It was one of the best experience that I have ever had.

A photo before start.

No comments: